Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Mailing a Rock, you say?

I got my long-awaited Alaskan river rock in the mail today. The mail lady didn't ask any questions, just handed over the heavy package. How could she know?

I had stared longingly at those round marbles for miles and days as I toured the Yukon territory and Skagway, Alaska. I had envisioned just picking a special one and bringing it home!

What kind of friend won't look at you with squinty eyes that convey, "Are you serious?" when you make a request first to search for a very specific heavy rock out along a flowing river, let alone agree to pack and mail it to you?
(Well, since you know me and haven't removed yourselves from association with me knowing this isn't that odd for me, probably a couple of you sweet friends.) But when I got my box today, tucked in alongside it was the monogrammed towel this friend had prepared for my Alaskan visit...and a few special treats (Vanilla Chai teabags and Rolos!) I hope you get to be as blessed as I have been by this friendship by someone in your life who just does things you might like because they've taken the time to know you.

My rock is going in a special place by my pond. Right near a rock other friends brought me from Wyoming (and they carried theirs on the plane--probably smiling at their wacky friend who'd love it!) I'll be reminded by both rocks of special times, special people...and my own need to just smile at the wacky ideas that make other people happy...and jump in.

Thank you, Lucrecia!

2 comments:

Lucrecia said...

Myra, you are SO welcome! Glad it arrived safely. I was a little worried. It was mighty heavy. ha ha ha =) It was a fun memorable adventure for sure, etched in my heart and mind 4ever. You are the sweetest most gracious friend, full of fun, inquisitiveness, and best of all...GOD'S LOVE..and I am extravagently blessed to know and call you, friend. AWESOME job with these blogs, and CONGRATS on finishing your class!

Uhmbagah said...

i totally understand...personally have my own rock collection. Except, i usually choose those i can carry in my "pocket"!!! :o)