Monday, September 21, 2009

Am I normal? And what IS normal?



September is half over and I'm back in the furious routine that all my spare weekly moments are all about school prep and correcting papers! I really need to change this! How? I need some advice from my teacher friends. What do you do that keeps your own outside-of-school personality alive?

My new Thursdsay night Dinner and Deeper group at my house is very special, so that really helps.
What else can I do? Have I mentioned I never seem to get caught up with school filing or housework during the week? Am I normal or inept? I'm excited to hear from YOU!

2 comments:

Lucrecia said...

Myra dear, I'm forwarding some info/advice from my 2nd grade teacher for you, to both your email and Facebook inbox. HUGS!!

NJD said...

Hi, Myra,

Well, I'm not really a full-fledged teacher at this point but do enjoy my kids. I don't know that there is anything normal anymore. I think it's called organized chaos and the chaos is winning out over the organization. My only advice, which I've gotten from verteran teachers is prioritize. Only do at home what school work that absolutely has to be done (report cards and minimal record keeping). Family is more important than anything. Delegate the chores at home that you can and let the rest go. A crock pot is also a great time saver. It's more important to spend time with your hubby and Rachel than squirrel away by yourself to do school work. Time passes by too fast. God gave us the gift of our families. The work will always be there and when we aren't at school anymore, someone else will take on the work. It will always be there. Treasure the moments we have with each other. That's why God placed us in each other's lives. As I heard one person say recently, "I never heard anyone say on their death bed, 'I wish I had spent more time at work.' People generally regret not spending more time with their loved ones." So let the dust to itself. Mark's grandmother always said the dust is someone either coming or going. Say hello as you pass by. As for school, enjoy the kids who were entrusted to you, do what you can to move them forward in life, and let God take care of the rest. Pray often, He'll never let you down. If there's anything I can do, don't hestiate to call. Love, Me